On any given day I’ve got a classic Julie Andrews song dancing through my head. Today, I’ve got “A Few of My Favorite Things” playing on repeat, which of course got me thinking. Here’s a quick roundup of my top 5 favorites from this weekend.
1. Backyard Bonfires: Before the weather returned to normal we were able to enjoy our first bonfire of the year. It’s nice to come upstairs and see your friends in your backyard with a fire blazing, hot chocolate to share, and other odd, albeit tasty snacks. But they didn’t just share their food, they also shared their friends, who one by one trickled into our backyard. I heard a lot of interesting stories that night as no topic was taboo and by the end of the night my cheeks hurt from laughing.
2. World’s greatest cinnamon buns. Cinnamon buns are definitely one of my favorite foods and this weekend I tasted the world’s greatest bun ever. Kind of a big deal for me. They had been left for us on our door after a long day of errands and when I tasted them, everything bad in the world melted away.
3. Potluck pizza party with friends. It was a made pizza bake off between me and our friend Darcy Ryan. I was totally in the lead with my mad pizza making skills, but then someone went and through on wieners. You just can’t compete with that. Still, the pizza was good, the company was great, and there was lemonade. I love lemonade.
4. Not seeing Hunger Games. The only thing I like about that movie is the mass confusion it has caused in our household. Poor Hubby has no idea what the Hunger Games are all about, and every time I turn on the computer all the search engines have “What are the Hunger Games?” typed into them. I know enough about them to know that this isn’t a trend I want to be a part of. While everyone else was lining up at the theater, I stayed home and used the quiet evening to get in some extra Boo cuddles.
5. The start of spring break. I woke up this morning and realized I get 7 straight days of having Hubby around. Boo and I are pretty excited and we’ve created a long to-do list for him so he doesn’t get bored.