Yesterday was Boo’s birthday and when I woke in the morning and saw gray clouds forming above I was a little worried about the day. Our party in the park quickly fell apart, but Boo always keeps her chin up and enjoyed some quality one-on-one time with some of her favorite people, and some extra cupcakes.
I haven’t sorted through all my photos yet. They are strewn across two cameras and two phones. But when I find a quiet moment I hope to post some of the wonderful moments of our birthday celebrations. In the meantime, here are some of the highlights:
Adorable gifts: We asked for no presents this year, but friends and family always go above and beyond. From handmade clothes to hand-me down clothes to baby doll clothes, Boo was spoiled. And we really appreciate the generous donations that were made in her name. It doesn’t get any better than that.
- The Birthday Song: Some of Boo’s favorite people came over and sang her a birthday song written just for her. Nobody has ever done that for me and I’ve had a lot more birthdays…
- The Rain: I saw this as a party pitfall, Boo saw it as a source of endless puddle jumping fun. I had to pour her rubber boots out.
- Dinner with Friends: I’m lucky that some of Boo’s best friends are also my best friends. They are such good friends that they even stayed for leftovers.
- Phone Messages: Our phone was disconnected for most of the day (sorry), but when we finally got it up and running the phone started ringing. I think it’s pretty sweet that Boo’s birthday cousin took time out of his celebrations to think of her. Not all teenagers would do that.
- A Polish Bed-time Story: Boo got lucky and got to spend some cuddle time with her aunts, one of whom came equipped with Polish storybooks. Today I am confused with some of Boo’s new words.
It was a wonderful day filled with wonderful people. That’s what Boo does. She just makes life wonderful. But I’d be lying if I didn’t say that there weren’t moments of sadness. Boo is growing up so fast and sometimes I just want to bottle these moments of perfection. Sometimes it’s hard to realize that my baby girl is now my big girl.