Summer is here in full force and this past week we had to dust off the old air conditioner. Hubby is a big fan of climate control. I prefer to just open the windows and dress accordingly, but seeing Boo drenched in sweat as she ran laps around us made me change my mind. Fortunately, we can all find comfort in the evenings sitting on the deck eating frozen treats and catching up on summer reading. Isn’t summer living wonderful?
Here’s what’s dominating our evening porch conversations:
- I want to be this woman. She’s cool, stylish, and shuns the conventional. Now I just need to find a bakfiet…
- This website is making me itch for home renos. We’ve already started the dismantling of our bathroom. Now we just need to figure out how to put it back together again. More on that later.
- Shades of Grey. Apparently, this is every woman’s guilty pleasure, but it’s not mine. I read a paragraph. It was crap. No amount of curiosity/scandal could lure me in.
- Olympic trials. I can’t wait for the real thing. The rowing. The gymnastics. The triathlon. I’m ridiculously excited.
- The Kiddie Pools. They’re open and we’re loving it. We stayed until closing yesterday and heck yes, we’re headed back tomorrow. The city is full of them, but I still think Central Park has the best. Come hang out with us!
- Canada Day Fireworks. Our neighbors put on quite a show. We watched from our front porch. Awesome. I can’t wait until Boo is old enough to stay up.
- And if you think you’re too busy this summer, it may just be because your life is empty. What?!? Sounds harsh, but according to this article, the more you talk about being busy the emptier your life is. Ouch.